Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day While Waiting to Adopt






Here it is, once again, Mother's Day. Each year around this time I find myself praying that I will be a mother to a living child one year from now and each year it is the same thing. Another pregnancy loss or 2 and another holiday where I watch all of my friends who are mothers get recognition as I sit by wishing and hoping and praying that someday I will get to celebrate this wonderful day not just as a daughter but as a mother myself. This year to date I have 5 angels in heaven that will celebrate Mother's Day with me in my heart.

It was so nice to check my email today and receive a Mother's Day e-card from my Adoption Coordinator Dee over at Lifetime. I think this is the first Mother's Day card I have ever gotten!

I am really impressed with the amount of attention Lifetime Adoptions gives its families waiting to be matched. Every month they have a teleconference where a recent adoptive mother shares her story. This past week the call was amazing. I was literally crying tears of happiness for the new mom who was on the phone. I can't wait for the day when I get to tell my story.

Below is also a message and a video from the founder of Lifetime (an adoptive mother herself) Mardie Caldwell:

"Mother's Day while waiting to adopt can be difficult. But it can also be a day to reflect upon your blessings and strengthen your resolve that you WILL become parents through adoption if you do not give up. We are praying for you today and every day!"




HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to everyone out there!

Check out our adoption website and forward on to your family and friends!

http://www.lifetimeadoption.com/for_birtmothers/families/weston_lisa/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment