Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 23, 2009

Lifetime Adoption Center



Last year, after my 3rd pregnancy loss, I did a lot of research on various agencies and on adoption as a whole. We looked at going through a private attorney and talked to a few. Weston had called an attorney that many people had recommended and she was very rude to him when he called with questions. It was so disappointing because we were so eager to talk to her and learn more but after her practically biting Weston's head off and telling him since we weren't certified yet she didn't really have time to answer his questions we were completely turned off.

I researched and talked to a lot of agencies but I kept coming back to Lifetime Adoptions. There was just something about them that kept me going back. We were all ready to sign on with them in October of 2008 when I was laid off from my job. Even though I called them back, after receiving the contract, they allowed us to stay on the list of prospective families and continued to remain in contact with me all through my job search. They were so supportive and we weren't even officially a Lifetime family yet. After my 4th pregnancy loss the week of Christmas 2008 I knew in my heart that we were meant to adopt. It really made me realize that adoption is such an amazing miracle and I can't wait for the day when we finally get word that our little miracle is here. In the mean time, I guess we just have to...... you guessed it.... continue to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment