Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It's The Simple Things That Matter


Two Fridays ago my hubby and I were at Petco and adopted a water turtle named Crush for only $5. (my best friend Rhea helped me with the name since it was the name of the turtle in Finding Nemo) We kind of started laughing when they asked us if we were ready to sign the adoption papers. Oh how they have no idea how ready we are but for now we looked at this as "practice" for the real thing!
My favorite part about adopting this turtle was when our friends brought their little boy over to see him. The excitement on his face and the laugh he made when the turtle dove into the water just made us smile. After they left my husband said "seeing Bryce's reaction to the turtle was well worth the $5!" I realized then what a great father Weston is going to make. (not that I didn't already know but this confirmed it that much more) It's the little things that excite us when we are around our friends kids. We don't have to spend tons of money or show off. It is amazing how a $5 swimming turtle can brighten up your day when you you get to share it with a little kid who thinks it is the coolest thing he has ever seen. I can't wait for the day when we get to see our own child's smiling face when we show him or her the simple wonderful things life has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment