Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Frustration!

So we are live now on the website which makes me so happy but I am also a little stressed out. We decided to change the profile picture since we both don't really like the one they used so that will be changed hopefully today.

Like I said, I worry A LOT! We finally got the changes that needed to be made to our profile book yesterday and last night we stayed up until 12am to get everything done. I sent it to the printer this morning and they told me that it was blurry and hard to read. After investigating things further we discovered that the book was saved in 72 dpi and not 300 dpi. (resolution quality) Although we upgraded it to 300 dpi when we made the changes we found out that Weston is going to have to do the whole thing over from scratch since it wasn't created in 300 dpi originally. It won't take as long since we know how everything is going to go but it is going to take at least a couple of hours since he built each page from scratch and there are 16 pages :( So now we are probably looking at a good 2 more weeks until the agency has any profile books of us.

This stresses me out because if they don't have any at the agency then we miss out on potential birth moms. I guess when you look at the big picture 3 weeks more is nothing but I'm Mrs. Impatient. I wish I knew how to do the Photoshop stuff myself so I could get it done ASAP and not burden Weston with it. I hate waiting.

Part of me wonders if this happened for a reason. Maybe the birth mom that chooses us isn't ready to view our profile yet? I would much rather have a nice quality book printed and have her be impressed than the "not too bad but not great" one we would be sending. I just need to be patient and that is the hardest thing to do. It's weird but we are working so hard to "hurry up and wait" but I want to be in the "waiting period" and not in the "still preparing everything period." We've been working on this for months and it's so exhausting!




No comments:

Post a Comment